Erectile Dysfunction and Male Enhancement
Male enhancement has become a very popular topic in recent years. But what does it really mean? And why would you need it? To begin with male enhancement is not the same thing as a penis enlargement. Male sexual functioning relies on a complicated cooperation involving psychological, hormonal and neurophysiological factors.
In our male dominated society it is considered very important that men always be seen as virile and powerful creatures irrespective of age. Anything less is a cause of deep shame and embarrassment to most males. But due to ageing, disease and/or various other factors, males can start losing their sexual prowess.
This is when most men start looking for a way to regain their lost libido. After all, losing or failing to achieve an erection for a man is tantamount to a king losing his kingdom. For most men this is a source of great embarrassment, even bordering on shame.
Of course all this is accompanied by utter frustration. It might even be difficult for a healthy male to understand how frustrating it could be for a person to be aroused and unable to maintain or even achieve an erection.
In general there are two main types of causes for ED. They are split between physical causes and mental/emotional causes. Some physical causes are easily treatable and other are more difficult to treat. Most male enhancement products do not cure the root cause but rather aid in the treatment of the disorder.
Top 8 Physical Causes Of ED
- Heart disease - Heart disease is among the most common causes of male sexual inadequacy. In fact the correlation between these two problems is so close, that ED could be an early warning system for future heart conditions.
- Atherosclerosis - If cholesterol builds up to high enough levels in the arteries to the point where it starts forming plaque around the walls it will restrict the bloodflow throughout your entire body. This disease often affects the penis first.
- High blood pressure - HBP is one of the major contributing factors that lead to ED in males. Proper blood flow through the arteries and veins is crucial for achieving and sustaining an erection.
- Diabetes - Diabetes can cause impairments in nerves, blood vessels and muscle function which could lead to earlier signs of ED in males at a much younger age.
- Overweight - Obesity is still a bit of a grey area when it comes to ED symptoms. There are some indications that it is, while other experiments clearly show different results. One thing is for sure... Being overweight drastically hinders physical exercise and so it is in the bedroom too. Shortness of breath may also make matters worse.
- Illnesses & Diseases - Certain illnesses like Metabolic syndrome, Parkinson's disease, Multiple sclerosis, Peyronie's disease and sleep disorders can all be at the root of, or contributing factors to ED.
- Medications & Treatments - Certain medications and medical treatments or even surgical procedures may cause or further enhance ED in adult males. Any type of medication that contricts blood flow could have temporary side effects which include the unability to reach sexual arousal.
- Lifestyle & age - Your lifestyle could have a strong impact on your sex life. Some drugs and long term use of alcohol and tabacco are very common items that have a strong impact on male virility. If the resulting damage is extensive, it could become difficult to treat. Age is also a factor to consider.
Male Enhancement Options
Your first steps to reverse ED symptoms should include, quit smoking, regular exercise, low calorie diet, lowering your cholesterol levels and lower your salt intake.
In more severe cases ED is treatable with the right medication, but in many cases a change in lifestyle and a healthier diet alone can do much good. Some supplements and vitamins may also be used to combat symptoms. Vitamin E for instance has shown some promise in alleviating impotence in adult males. Other treatment options may include herbal and/or testosterone supplements.
Are Testosterone Treatments Effective?
It is critical to understand that in most cases Testosterone treaments alone are not a cure for ED. So before you go off and buy Testosterone pills, take a minute to analyse the situation. Can you make changes in your lifestyle that would help? Studies have shown that low blood flow is almost always the culprit.
At the same time, we need to consider that low Testosterone levels will have an effect on your emotional state and mood. Low testosterone levels are linked to lower sex drive in males. If your ED is caused by low T levels, it will usually be accompanied by other symptoms (emotional) as well. Some of the more obvious ones are, low desire for sex, higher irritability, undue anxiety, feelings of depression and/or difficulty concentrating.
Will Male Enhancement Supplements Help With ED?
While the jury is still out on clinical tests, there is some evidence that certain vitamins and herbal supplements may help overcome ED in male patients. Below are a few substances that have shown promise in overcoming males issues.
- Panax Ginseng
Natural herbal products have also been used throughout history in most countries around the world. There is still a lot of research to be done in this most complicated male problem. Science keeps moving forward and new treatments are always emerging.
- ᔥ http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/erectile-dysfunction/basics/causes/con-20034244
- ᔥ http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/erectile-dysfunction/in-depth/erectile-dysfunction/art-20045141
- ᔥ http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/123/21/e609
- ᔥ http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/guide/ed-diabetes
- ᔥ http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=58941
- ᔥ http://www.choosingwisely.org/patient-resources/testosterone-for-erection-problems/